Municipal Vehicle Safety Solutions
Safety in the Municipal Industry
RoSPA report that the UK generates a massive 430 million tonnes of waste each year with over 160,000 workers employed in the industry. Each year there are 4,000 accidents reported and being struck by a refuse collection vehicle is one of the most common workplace transport accidents.
The size of refuse vehicles combined with their working environments can make these vehicles potentially hazardous, they are required to manoeuvre around tight urban spaces that can be heavily populated to driving and parking at the depot alongside other workers and vehicles. This becomes a difficult task when you take into account a drivers view from the cab and the associated blindspots with this size of the vehicle. However, collisions are not the only risk in this industry rollaway incidents, vandalism and theft pose a threat of damage to the vehicle, the environment and the people around them.
While the UK’s waste management industry is regulated by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and local authorities, the HSE cannot stop accidents or misuse of equipment – people are human with this in mind, we develop products to ensure everyone is working safely, efficiently and protected.
Over 90% of U.K councils work with Vision Techniques to provide their operators with a safe working environment.
Issues in the municipal industry
- Collisions due to blind spots
- Reversing accidents with pedestrians
- Unfounded insurance claims
- Vehicle damage
- Handbrake not being applied
- Maneuvering in tight spaces
- Reversing alarm complaints
- People falling or being dragged into the hopper
- Unauthorised people using the equipment
- Risk of theft
- Risk of attacks on operatives
Solutions for the municipal Industry
How Vision Techniques can help
- All round visibility
- Safer working environment
- Increased efficiency
- Reduced incidents
- Reduced vehicle downtime due to accidents and damage
- Meet health and safety requirements
- Safeguard company reputation
Why choose Vision Techniques?
- 30 years of market-leading expertise.
- Innovation second to none
- Fully managed service
- Dedicated technical support
- Qualified engineers for installation
- Bespoke tailored products and service
- SO9001 accredited and award-winning recognition