Municipal Vehicle Safety Solutions
Safety in the Municipal Industry
Commercial vehicle safety equipment has always been instrumental to the municipal industry, especially since it’s still widely regarded to be one of the UK’s most dangerous sectors. RoSPA report that the UK generates a massive 430 million tonnes of waste each year, with over 160,000 workers employed in the industry. Every year there are 4,000 accidents reported, and one of the most common scenarios by far involves being struck by a refuse collection vehicle.
The commercial vehicle safety equipment we provide here at Vision Techniques is specifically designed to prevent these sorts of accidents. They’re able to mitigate the significant blind spots of refuse vehicles, expanding the driver’s visibility and awareness of their surroundings. This is especially helpful for overcoming the challenges associated with common operational environments; municipal vehicles are frequently manoeuvred in close quarters and high-traffic areas, where collisions with pedestrians or other employees is a notable risk.
Collisions are also not the only risk in this industry rollaway incidents. Commercial vehicle safety equipment is also useful for helping to prevent vandalism and theft, both of which pose a threat of damage to the vehicle, the environment and the people around them.
While the UK’s waste management industry is regulated by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and local authorities, these bodies are limited to providing guidance, education, and rules that lay out best practices. While they can outline and enforce these rules on an administrative level, they cannot provide practical assistance in stopping accidents or misuse of equipment. Commercial vehicle safety equipment, on the other hand, can actively make things safer for workers on-the-ground, making it easier to maintain compliance and ensuring everyone is working safely, efficiently and protected.
Over 90% of U.K councils work with Vision Techniques to provide their operators with a safe working environment.
Issues in the municipal industry
- Collisions due to blind spots
- Reversing accidents with pedestrians
- Unfounded insurance claims
- Vehicle damage
- Handbrake not being applied
- Maneuvering in tight spaces
- Reversing alarm complaints
- People falling or being dragged into the hopper
- Unauthorised people using the equipment
- Risk of theft
- Risk of attacks on operatives
Solutions for the municipal Industry
How Vision Techniques can help
- All round visibility
- Safer working environment
- Increased efficiency
- Reduced incidents
- Reduced vehicle downtime due to accidents and damage
- Meet health and safety requirements
- Safeguard company reputation
Why choose Vision Techniques?
- 30 years of market-leading expertise.
- Innovation second to none
- Fully managed service
- Dedicated technical support
- Qualified engineers for installation
- Bespoke tailored products and service
- SO9001 accredited and award-winning recognition